Definition- Panchakarama is the sacred manthra of rejuvenation.Panchakarma in Ayurveda means five type of therapeutic way of treatment to eliminate toxins from the body and to replenish the tissues ofthe patient. The common procedure of Panchakarma includes Emesis(Vamanam), Purgation (Virechanam), Medication Oil Enema(Snehavasthi),Enema with herbal decoction, oils, honey etc(Kashayavasthi) and Installation of medicines through nose (Nasyam).
1. Vaman- Vamana is a medicated emesis therapy which removes Kapha toxins collected in the body and the respiratory tract. This is given to people with high Kapha imbalance. Daily
treatment involves loosening and mobilizing the toxins in an effort to finally eliminate them.
Benefits of Vamana: Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Allergies, Hay Fever, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Hyperacidity, Chronic Indigestion Nasal Congestion, Edema, Obesity, Psychological
disorders, Skin disorders.
2. Virechan- Virechana is medicated purgation therapy which removes Pitta toxins from the body that are accumulated in the liver and gallbladder. It completely cleanses the gastro-intestinal tract. It is a safe procedure without side effects.
Benefits of Virechana help root out Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
3. Basti- Basti (Enema) is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the three doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person.
Benefits: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica,
Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility ,Infertility.
4. Nasya – Nasya involves administration of medicated oil through the nose to cleanse accumulated Kapha toxins from the head and neck region. Based on the medical condition of a person, it can be given up to 30 days.
Benifits : Trigeminal Neuralgia, Bell's Palsy, improves memory, eye sight, insomnia, elimination of excess mucus, hyper pigmentation in the face, pre-mature graying of hair, clarity of voice, headaches of various origins, Hemiplegia, loss of smell and taste, frozen shoulder, migraine, stiffness of the neck, nasal allergies, nasal polyp, neurological dysfunctions, Paraplegiar and sinusitis.
5. Raktamokshana - Raktamokshana is a procedure to cleanse the blood and is advised as main line of treatment in various condition like non healing ulcers, diabetic foot, DVT,hair fall and baldness, psoriasis,acne.
External panchkarma procedures
Abhyangam is ayurveda's principal healing root and the mother of all massages. it is a whole body massage given with herbal oils customized to your body type to detoxify, nourish and revitalize the body tissues. Abhyanga achieves deepest healing effects by naturally harmonizing mind, body and spirit. Abhyanga is usually followed by herbal bath or medicated steam bath(Swedana).
1.Increase tissue strength
2. Improves blood circulation
3.Rejuvenates the whole body
4.Reduces stress and toxins
5. Improve sleep quality
In sirodhara, warm medicated oil/ herbal decoction/medicated -milk/ buttermilk is continuously poured on the forehead for 30 to 45 minutes. This procedure often induces a completely relaxing and rejuvenating mental and physical state. it deeply revitalizes the central nervous system.
1. It alleviates stress, anxiety and depression
2.It improves quantity and quality of sleep
3. It helps in managing Hypertension
4.It helps in reducing diabetic ratinopathy and neuropathy
5. It stops hair fall and premature greying
6. It alleviates migraine and epilepsy.
Chirayu ayurveda and panchkarma hospital
Shastika shali pinda swedan
This is highly effective anti aging/ rejuvenation massage using a special type of rice that is cooked and dipped into herbal warm milk, then skillfully massaged all over the body.
1.Stroke and paralysis
2.Anti aging and rejuvenating
3.Strengthnes muscle tisssues and improve blood circulation
4.Reduces body ache, emiciation and general debility.
5. Helps in reducing duchene muscular dystrophy
Patra pinda swedan
A highly rejuvenating treatment in which fresh leaves of different medicinal plants are fried with herbal oil and other several herbal ingredients, which are tied and dipped into warm medicated oil and massaged all over the body.
1. low back pain, sciatica,slip disc
2. Cervical spondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis
3. knee joint pain, osteoarthritis, ligament tear
4. Restore the function of a limb after paralytic attack